Meeting in real life after chatting only on line can be a time of excitement, worry, and nervous anticipation.
It is important not to underestimate the dangers!!!
A person you speak to online may be honest and truthful.. but how do we really know?
It is because we cannot really know that we must take precautions.
- Speak to someone you know and trust and tell them all the details and arrangements of the meeting
Give him/her the name, address and phone number of the person you intend to meet
you DO have all this... Don't you?????????????? It has all been checked out.. Has it not?????
If you don't feel you can share with someone you trust all these details, have a second and third thought about going through with it
- Agree with your friend a safe word.. for example:
- You arrange to phone at 11pm when you call and say -
- "I am having a very good time" = call the police I am in danger
- "I am feeling fine and am enjoying myself" = all is well
- If you don't call..... your friend will call the police so don't forget!!!
- Arrange to meet in a public place:
- An hotel
- A pub
- A restaurant
- With friends etc
- Have an itinerary set out. - in detail.
It's important you know exactly where you will be at all times
You must give your safe call ALL these details.
If your proposed play partner is not willing to stick to all these rules, you may be putting yourself into GREAT danger